Marshmallows

Picking a Niche Increases Your Visibility

You know the phrase Jack of All Trades, Master of None?

That’s not who you want to be this year and from here on forward.

In the Caribbean, we believe that because our populations are small we need to cram as many things as possible into our services. When you do that, there is no way to separate you from everyone else that offers a similar service.

No matter the business you are in, you need to pick a niche. The most effective way to increase your visibility is to narrow your focus!

Why, because when you can focus on that niche and serve your customers exceptionally well, the word will spread. Creating targeted content to that same niche gives your audience a clear picture of how you can help them.

How to Pick Your Niche

Your niche is hidden in something you already do. Often because you get so much joy from it and it comes easy, you overlook it as not as important. Ask yourself the following questions and see if it helps you find clarity on what that is?

  1. What is the one thing that your business does better than everyone else?
  2. Do you know the result you deliver that brings you the most referrals?
  3. What do you get paid to do that no one ever quibbles about the price because they are happy that you are doing it for them?

That’s it. That’s your niche. That is where you need to put 80% of your focus and energy. Leave the other 20% for added value services and one-off projects that can bring you significant income.

Take the time to focus and build your reputation as the expert in your industry. I don’t care if you sell ice cream, drive a taxi or consult with billionaires. People should be calling your name and sending traffic to you because they believe you are the best one to answer the problem that their friends or associates have.

If you want to learn more about how to pick your niche to increase your visibility, then join the Be Visible Challenge which begins Monday, January 31 at 7PM. It will run throughout the month of February and it is a chance to get clear on your message and identify where you should focus your time to most effectively increase your visibility and attract your ideal customers.

Here’s the link to join.